The Sainsbury Singers invite you and your family to join us ‘Somewhere over the Rainbow’ as we present the magical musical The Wizard of Oz with a creative steampunk twist.
This famous story needs little introduction as we ‘Follow the Yellow Brick Road’ to ‘The Merry Old Land of Oz’. Packed full of classic songs from the original 1939 film, we travel beyond our imagination with Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow in search of the mysterious Wizard of Oz.
We invite you to The Hexagon Theatre, Reading, Berkshire from Wednesday 17th – Saturday 20th May 2017 to watch a show full of entertainment for the whole family.
For tickets visit www.readingarts.com/hexagon.
- Tickets £20 including Hexagon booking fee
- £3 off concessions – Wednesday-Friday (7.30pm)
- £8 off concessions – Saturday matinee (2pm) and evening (6.30pm)
- Wednesday 3 for 2 (no concessions, only available through calling the Box Office or our Ticket Officer)
To avoid booking fees contact the Society Ticket Officer on 0118 988 2510
- Dorothy Gale Lorraine Cox
- Aunt Em/Glinda Emma Reeves
- Miss Gultch/Wicked Witch Kazia Grainger
- Hunk/Scarecrow Gareth Wells
- Hickory/Tinman Stephen Cox
- Zeke/Lion Brian Bretney
- Uncle Henry/Guard Rob Latimer
- Professor Marvel/Wizard Chris Reeves
- Mayor of Munchkinland Chris Thomas
- Barrister of Munchkinland Jessamy Vincent
- Coroner of Munchkinland Michael Schult
- Crows Amy Hale, Cath Hannan, Jackie Stoffels, Helen Thomas
- Trees Sara El-Hanfy, Lucy Hutson, Louise Quelch
- Ensemble Amy Hale, Cath Hannan, Chris Reeves, Chris Thomas, Claire Wilson, Denise Schult, Emily Hiscock, Emma Bradbury, Emma Fry, Godfrey Chigona, Helen Thomas, Hilary Latimer, Jackie Stoffels, Jessamy Vincent, Joanne O’Mahoney, Katie Wise, Laura Schult, Louise Quelch, Lucy Hutson, Martyna Sharma, Michael Schult, Rob Latimer, Sara El-Hanfy, Natassia Papierowski
- Toto Pepper
- Director Matthew Smith
- Musical Director Jon Brooks
- Choreographer Denise Schult
Children’s Art Competition
Attention all budding artists!
If you are a creative child or young person aged 15 or under, have your paintbrush at the ready! The Sainsbury Singers are running an exciting picture competition in honour of our upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz.
1) Draw or paint your favourite scene from the Wizard of Oz (portrait please!)
2) Scan it as an image and email it with your name and age to email@example.com
The winner will get their picture printed in our programme, receive a free signed copy of the programme and get two free tickets to see the Wizard of Oz! Copies of all entries will be displayed in the foyer of the Hexagon during show week, 17th-20th May.
You can also enter at the Nomad Bakery in Caversham (closing date: 29th April) or at the Wokingham May Fayre (closing date: 1st May).
Closing date: 29th April 2017
Terms and Conditions
- The deadline for email entries is the 29th April 2017 at 23:59. All entries received before this time will be included in the competition and will be judged. The deadline for entries received at Nomad Bakery is 29th April 2017 at 17:00. Pictures can also be entered at the Wokingham May Fayre on 1st May 2017 by giving them to the team on the Sainsbury Singers stall.
- Entries should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please included in your email the name and age of the artist and a contact email address or phone number of a parent or guardian. Once the entry has been received, the Marketing Officer will email you acknowledging the entry. If entering through Nomad Bakery or the Wokingham May Fayre please ensure your entry includes your name, age and a contact email address or phone number.
- All entries will be judged after the closing date and a winner will be chosen by the marketing team. If any children of the marketing team have entered, the parents will not be part of the judging panel and they will be replaced with an impartial member of the Sainsbury Singers. All entries will be judged anonymously.
- The winner will be contacted a couple of days after the closing date, once the judging team have chosen a winner. They will receive a signed programme which features their artwork and two free tickets to see the Wizard of Oz between Wednesday 17th and Saturday 20th May 2017.
- The winner will have their artwork printed in the Sainsbury Singers’ Wizard of Oz programme. By entering the competition, you are agreeing that we can print the artwork in the programme and use the image on our social media sites (Twitter, Facebook) and upload the image on to our website.
- All entries will be displayed in the foyer of the Hexagon Theatre, Reading for the duration of show week (14th-20th May 2017). By entering the competition you are agreeing that the artwork can be displayed in this location for public viewing and may be photographed by members of the public.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 15 or under.
- The artwork can be produced in any medium and can be in black and white or colour, although for printing purposes colour would be preferable.
- The image needs to be in portrait for printing purposes. If a landscape image is entered, it will not be disqualified but it is preferable that all images entered are portrait,
For either of our performances on Saturday 20th May, come along in the Wizard of Oz inspired fancy dress and really feel part of the show. Dress as your favourite character or think outside of the box – the choice is yours. Either way, let your imagination fly! Get involved and share your pictures on social media with the hashtag #noplacelikehome. Open to all!
During the Saturday matinee, as well as our usual “Win Half the Orange Bucket” raffle there will also be a selection of Oz themed children’s prizes to be won!