The Sainsbury Singers are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal data we collect about you;
- how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit from);
- with whom your personal data might be shared; and
- your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Who we are
The trustees of The Sainsbury Singers are the controllers and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “The Sainsbury Singers”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice).
Personal data which we collect
Personal data provided by you
We collect personal data about you when you:
- register with us on our website;
(b contact us through our website;
(c) participate in competitions; or
The personal data collected in the above manner may include your
- full name;
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
Special categories of personal data
We do not proactively collect personal data considered as special category personal data via our website such as health information. However, our website does include text boxes which are designed for you to provide us with certain information and you should be aware that information you freely submit in these boxes may reveal to us certain information that may be considered as special category personal information.
Personal data about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data outside the European Economic Area
How we use your personal data
We collect information about you so that we can:
- assist you with your queries in relation to our activities, membership or forthcoming events;
- review any membership applications you submit to us;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- run competitions
- improve our services;
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone or text message (SMS) about our upcoming events, competitions or prize draws and special offers which may be of interest to you.
If you provide us with consent, we will share your details with Mailchimp who enable us to manage our mailing lists, they may also send you similar marketing messages.
We will only send you marketing messages (or share your details with the third parties listed above) when you click to subscribe on our website or tick the relevant consent box when you provide us with your personal data. If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, or the third parties listed above, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe function on each of our emails [or by contacting us directly through the “Contact Us” section of this website].
When we might share your personal data with THIRD parties
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or payment card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is essential in order do that.
As an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, we do share your data with the following categories of third parties:
- service providers that help us to run our organisation such as marketing agencies, website hosting providers, website developers, providers of wifi access at our venues, contact management systems, form suppliers, and newsletter distributors; which may include a transfer outside of the EEA.
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. If you would like any more information about the third parties which we work with to provide our services to you, please contact us on the contact details provided later in this Privacy Notice.
How we ask for Consent
In those cases where we need your consent to hold and process your personal data, we will ask you to check a box on any form requiring consent. By checking these boxes you are confirming that you have been informed as to why we are collecting the information, how this information will be used, for how long the information will be kept, who else will have access to this information and what your rights are as a data subject (all of which is set out in this Privacy Notice).
How we keep your personal data secure
To protect your information we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner, and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place.
All trustees and data processors of the society receive the necessary training and resources to ensure they understand their responsibilities in relation to all of our policies and procedures.
In additional to these measures we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies and procedures, including ensuring that:
- access to personal data is strictly restricted to those trustees or members who need access this information as part of their role;
- we store your personal data on secure servers and unauthorised external access to personal data is prevented through the use of a firewall;
To make sure that these measures are suitable, audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are carried out.
How long do we keep your personal data
We shall only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, If you would like more information about how long we retain specific types of your information, please contact us on the contact details provided later in this Privacy Notice.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your information or that we are illegally using your information, you can request that we erase the information we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your information
You have the right to request that we stop processing your information. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your information to comply with your other rights.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your information to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
For your security we may need to verify your identity before we process your instructions above.
Cookies and tracking
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent to cookies
Manage your Cookie Settings for this site.
Description of cookies
The table below provides some information on the cookies which we use on our website:
Turning off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Take care when linking to third party sites
Our website provides links to third party sites such as social media sites. Once on any of these sites, please take care if you choose to post any information as this will be on a public domain and may be widely accessible. If you would like more information about how any information posted on these sites will be used, please the sites’ privacy notice carefully.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, need further information about how we use your personal data or wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us by any of the following means:
- contact us using our “Contact us” page on the website
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Changes to this PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.
Where we have made any changes to this Privacy Notice which affects the manner in which we use your personal data, we will contact you by email to inform you of this change.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 31 January 2023.