The Sainsburys Singers is pleased to announce a brand new musical production for its latest theatre venue at Crosfields, Reading, on 28-31 October 2015
Join The Sainsbury Singers From 28-31 October 2015 for an inspiring evening of musical theatre – Strictly Musicals: Happily Ever After.
Fall in love with songs from your favourite musicals all over again, as they are reimagined through a theme of love and hope.
A dynamic selection of show tunes will be performed by a passionate and talented cast of musical theatre fanatics. Our revue features songs from Rent, Hairspray, Wicked, Avenue Q, Jersey Boys, The King and I, Cats, 42nd Street, Top Hat, Spamalot and many, many more.
Strictly Musicals: Happily Ever After will be performed at the Crosfields School Theatre, a great venue with free car parking on the Shinfield Road. See you in October!
Buy your tickets online
VE style street party on Saturday 31 October!
Join us for a VE themed street party, from 5pm-7pm between our matinee and evening performances of Strictly Musicals: Happily Ever After. Fill up on our homemade cakes and sandwiches, have a traditional cream tea or just enjoy a hot beverage. Games, costume dressing up and photo opportunities available as well as some war time artefacts. Children’s refreshments available, free entry, refreshments available for purchase.
No need to book but if you can let us know if you’re interested that’d be a great help. (email@example.com)
1940s fancy dress
Come along to either the matinee or evening performance on Saturday in 1940s style fancy dress. This could be anything from a soldier’s uniform to an evening swing dress. Our panel of judges will award the winners with a great prize at the end of our street party. Although authenticity is great, no guns or weapons please!
Song List (subject to change)
- Seasons of Love (RENT)
- Memory / Can’t Help Falling in Love (Cats / All Shook Up)
- Cabaret (Cabaret)
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You (Jersey Boys)
- I Can Hear the Bells (from Hairspray)
- Getting to Know You (The King and I)
- It’s Only Love (The Scarlet Pimpernel)
- Flash Bang Wallop (Half a Sixpence)
- Let’s Face the Music and Dance (Top Hat)
- You Two (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
- When This Lousy War is Over (Oh, What a Lovely War)
- No One But You (Only the Good Die Young) (We Will Rock You)
- One Short Day (Wicked)
- Somewhere That’s Green (Little Shop of Horrors)
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Spamalot)
- For Now (from Avenue Q)
- Where is Love? (Oliver!)
- We’re in the Money (42nd Street)
- Look With Your Heart (Love Never Dies)
- Spread the Love Around (Sister Act)
- Director (with overall creative control) Matt Smith
- Choreographer Denise Schult
- Musical DirectorJon Brooks