Showtune is a musical revue celebrating the words and music of Broadway composer Jerry Herman and featuring songs from eight of his musicals.
Bringing a fresh perspective to these award-winning classics, Showtune explores Herman’s poetical lyrics outside of their original context and breathes new energy into his life-affirming songs.
So ‘Put on Your Sunday Clothes’ and join The Sainsbury Singers for this toe-tapping revue featuring ‘The Best of Times’, ‘Hello Dolly!’, ‘I Won’t Send Roses’, ‘Before the Parade Passes By’, ‘We Need a Little Christmas’, ‘I Am What I Am’ – and many other classic tunes.
Composer/Lyricist – Jerry Herman. Conceived by Paul Gilger. Piano and vocal arrangments by James Followell. The Sainsbury Singers performed this under agreement from Joseph Weinberger Limited.
Showtune was produced and directed by Wendy Carne with musical direction by Trevor Defferd, choreography by Denise Schult and lighting design by Kim Hollamby.
What the audience said
We just wanted to thank you again for a most enjoyable evening on Saturday. We thought the singing and acting were fabulous. Well done to all concerned.
Thank you so much for inviting us tonight, I really enjoyed it!! I think my favourite to date, well done to Helen and Chris with your solo parts too! Hope you enjoy the rest of the show.
Great show tonight, loved it. Only problem is I now have “Song on the Sand” as an ear worm. Oh well, could have been a worse song. Big well done to everyone.
Honestly I had no idea what to expect from this show and from hearing about it I didn’t think I would understand the story. I LOVED IT! Wendy Carne you’ve done a tremendous job. The chorus songs were excellent, I particularly enjoyed the finale of Act 1 and Shalom with the lighting on top was magical. The ‘couples’ had so much chemistry and were lovely to watch, Jessamy your voice was out of this world! I also enjoyed watching the smaller comedy cameo roles! But the star of the show for me was Matthew, you were excellent! Your voice, body language etc complemented each other perfectly. Well done guys, can’t wait to see the show again on Friday!
Abi Lingwood, Amy Hale, Brian Bretney, Cath Hannan, Chris Howard, Chris Reeves, Chris Thomas, Claire Wilson, Denise Schult, Emma Reeves, Godfrey Chigona, Helen Long, Helen Thomas, Hilary Latimer, Jackie Stoffels, Jessamy Vincent, Joanne O’Mahoney, Katie Wise, Kazia Grainger, Lorraine Cox, Louise Quelch, Michael Schult, Matthew Smith, Stephen Cox
The Showtune Band
- Reeds/Cello Victoria Benjamin
- Keyboards Cameron Baker, Trevor Defferd
- Percussion Luke Wyeth
Behind the Scenes
- Producer Wendy Carne
- Choreographer Denise Schult
- Musical Director Trevor Defferd
- Lighting Designer Kim Hollamby
- Technical Assistant Louis Martin
- Lighting Operator Rebecca Simons
- Stage Crew John Simmonds, Joe Daniels
- Lighting and Sound Hire Dinrino Theatre Services
- Additional Lighting Equipment Kim Hollamby
- Props and Set Kazia Grainger & Wendy Carne
- Wardrobe Designer Amanda Bretney
- Wardrobe Supervisor Emma Reeves
- Makeup Design Kerry Thomas
- Makeup Team Jessamy Vincent
- Hair and Wigs Catherine Hannan
- Prompt Anne Lowder
- Displays Marketing Team and Emma Reeves
- Website Kim Hollamby
- Marketing Team Sara El-Hanfy, Kazia Grant, Louise Quelch, Denise Schult, Katie Wise
- Programme and Handbill Design Jessamy Vincent
- Publishing Manager Jessamy Vincent
- Photography Ray Wilmott
- Fundraising Team Rob Latimer, Michael Schult, Kerry Thomas
- Social Team Stephen Cox, Catherine Hannan, Chris Reeves, Emma Reeves
- Ticket Officer Anne Jones
- Front of House Manager John Jones
Society Front of House Team
Brian Bennett, Lynne Furnell, Rob Furnell, Pat Long, Anne Lowder, Steve O’Mahoney, Rachel Masters, Gareth Wells